Now how to convert the standard text files ##h and ##d to the typical UCINET format .dl.
Basically it is quite simple.
- the most important thing is to use UCINET 32 bit
- start the program as administrator (right mouse button on the UCI.exe and run as administrator)!
- DATA – Export – DL
- select the ##h file.
- at Output Text File: Simply remove the TXT at the end.
- change the file in the Windows Explorer manually to .dl
- you have already created the DL file.
If the import does not work for you, because you get the message that import does not work because filename.##d is not there – then it is because UCINET was not started as administrator.
For questions etc don’t hesitate to contact or comment.